February 22, 2019
10 Beauty Products Every Woman Needs in Her Purse
Regardless if you’re navigating through a short cold winter day, or a long hot summer day, when you’re on the go, anything can happen — so it’s essential to be prepared for any situation that your bag allows for. From an early age, women tend to form an intimate relationship with their handbags, hoarding their favorite belongings in them, many of which consist of our beauty essentials. We’ve compiled a list of our top 10 favorite and affordable beauty products to keep in your handbag at all times:
1. Lip Moisturizer: Be it tinted to add a pop of color or just a little glossy, dry lips are uncomfortable, a sign of poor health and can lead to cracking and bleeding. A few quick swipes of your favorite brand every few hours can cure your chapped lips within days.
Our recommendation: Lip Moisturizer-Aquaphor Lip Repair – it’s affordable and receives rave reviews.
2. Mascara: The perfect solution to give you a refreshed look, carrying travel size mascara in your bag is a quick trick to highlight your eyes and brighten your overall look.
Our recommendation: Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Mini – it’s compact, highly reviewed, and lifts and curls lashes.
3. Perfume/Body Mist: Have a favorite aroma? A mini perfume bottle or roller stashed inside your purse enables you to leave behind a subtle waft of your signature scent wherever you go while also guaranteeing you can smell squeaky clean without the stress of the day wearing your down.
Our recommendation: Carolina Herrera “Good Girl” Rollerball – it’s long-lasting, floral and warm.
4. Makeup Blotters: Oil wipes aren’t just for mechanics. Blotting your face throughout the day is both a practical way to maintain your skincare routine and a great way to look fresh through an arduous day.
Our recommendation: Boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Linens – it doesn’t disturb makeup, absorbs excess oil and the bamboo charcoal actively purifies pores.
5. Comb: For those wayward curls, bangs, frizz or tangles, a comb is a simple tool to tame what the wind or static has disrupted. Whether you want one or a dozen, you can pick up a pack of these at your local dollar store.
Our recommendation: Tangle Teezer Compact Styler – it can be used for all hair types, it’s highly reviewed and there are a variety of colors to choose from
6. Hair Rubber Bands: Even when the comb does its work, you sometimes need to get your game face on and your high bun up. While many wear a rubber band on the wrist subconsciously or habitually, having one in your bag for gym day or other occasions is the impeccable backup and necessary accessory for tightening your locks.
Our recommendation: Scunci No Slip Elastic Hair Band – it can be used for all hair types and textures, and holds hair in place without any damage.
7. Lotions and/or Sanitizer: It’s important to note that these two items are not interchangeable. During winter using hand lotion is just as important as using sunscreen lotion on your face and body. Sanitizer is your best defense mechanism against 99.9% of bacteria and germs in the event you can’t make it to a sink and soap.
Our recommendation: Hempz Original Herbal Body Moisturizer – it’s hydrating, light, and toxin free.
8. Sheer Powder: While you may have blotted up the oil, patting down your makeup with some sheer powder preservers the flawless look. Bonus points if your compact has a mirror inside!
Our recommendation: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – it leaves no streaks and gives skin a natural finish.
9. Extra Earring Backs: Believe it or not, losing your earrings doesn’t just happen in your favorite Romcom movies. Keep a pair or two of extra backs, so your favorite earrings don’t resemble a pair of mismatched socks!
Our recommendation: Silicone Earring Backs.
10. Pads or tampons: Yes, it needs to be said. If not for yourself, the other girl in the stall next to you who forgot to restock! Our recommendation: let’s recommend something here and link to it on amazon. Pads or Tampons: Tampax Pocket Pearls
Extra items we recommend for your handbag:
- The new Venmo card that comes in multiple colors to match your personality and app.
- Your phone charger to outlast a spontaneous road trip.
- A notebook as it’s well known, you won’t remember your thoughts tomorrow.
- Cash because you never know when you’ll stumble upon a food truck that doesn’t accept debit or credit.
- Business cards; networking never ends.
- Mints. If you have a dry mouth or stopped at a food truck, it never fails to diffuse the garlic breath through curiously strong mints, courtesy of Altoids.
- Some Kleenex purse tissues. Blame it on hay fever if you want, but tears happen to the most resilient.
- Tide To Go Pen. These little pens pack a powerful punch in the face of stains.
- First Aid Kit. Everyone does dumb things. Not carrying Band-Aids and pain reliever doesn’t have to be one of them.
What’s in your handbag? Do you prefer to carry a bag or a wristlet for all of your essentials? bloom’d would love to know if we missed something or if you have a tip for our readers to make everyday commutes, office experiences and general life more seamless!
Beauty. On Demand. Wherever you are,
bloom’d is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.