May 22, 2020
5 Ways to Bring the Spa to Your Home During Quarantine
We all have outlets and escapes to help us look and feel good. Many of us go to the spa and walk out feeling refreshed, right? Now that spas are closed, you may be asking yourself what to do? Quarantine doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself to an in-home spa treatment. If you’re curious to know how to bring a similar experience, we have you covered. Don’t you love a good facial? You should use these 5 ideas because you can can reduce some of your stress and you’ll feel more refreshed! Self-care is important, be sure to check out https://bloomdapp.com/blog/5-tips-for-taking-care-of-yourself/ for some tips!
1. Rejuvenating Body Scrub
Regular exfoliation is important because it removes dead cells. You have the option of making your own scrub or purchase one to save some time. We recommend using a scrub while you’re showering.
2. Milk Bath
The lactic acid in milk will soften your skin and who doesn’t desire soft skin? For those with eczema or psoriasis, this can be very soothing! We recommend Bath Shoppe’s https://www.amazon.com/Village-Naturals-Bath-Shoppe-Jasmine/
3. DIY Purifying Facial
- Step 1: Cleansing & Exfoliation
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of baking soda and add in a bowl. Next mix in cool water until there is a paste like consistency. Next, dampen your face with water. Then, gently apply your mixture onto your face and rub in circular motions for 1 minute. Rinse your face with water.
- Step 2: Avocado Honey Face Mask
- You will need one small, fully ripe avocado. Peel skin and remove seed. Mash up the avocado in a bowl until fully smooth. Then, add 1 tablespoon of honey and mix in to the avocado. Gently apply the mixture onto your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Step 3: Facial Massage
- Depending on your skin type, you can use any oil such as jojoba, sweet almond, argan, coconut, olive, or grapeseed oil. Use about 3-5 drops and apply onto your face Then, massage in an upward circular motion for 1 minute.
4. Soothing Eyes
Don’t forget your eyes need treatment as well! You can purchase eye creams if you’d like. For a budget friendly option, you can use cool chamomile tea bags and leave on eyes for for 10-15 minutes.
5. Softening Hand Treatment
Soft and smooth hands? Yes, please!