Welcome to bloom’d!
First, we’re so happy you’ve joined the movement! We are certain you have tons of questions and hopefully we can answer all them right here, and if not please give us a buzz. First, we always want you to be yourself, and never compromise that.
Secondly, promise us that you’ll always speak up. We love feedback, whether it’s positive or negative. It is an opportunity for us to get better. Our goal is to keep you and our customers happy. We may not be able to address everything all at once. Progression is our direction.
Lastly, remember to have fun! Often, we get worked up for no reason. We hope we can create a great environment and link you with some pretty awesome clients.
bloom’d wants to bridge communities together by creating the most unique, diverse, and personalized beauty app. We aspire for all of our professionals to connect with their clients in depth and grow with us. Many of you have bigger dreams, and we want to help you get there. Our continued growth in becoming one of the top (hopefully the top) beauty apps will stem from excellent customer service, quality, and you. Our competitive edge can take us to the top. To become best in class, it will take effort from everyone! Inclusion and diversity is also important for us. Our integrity as a brand and people will emit from how we engage with others and conduct business. Fun and simplicity will help us in becoming everything but ordinary.
Before we start having fun together, we got some do’s and don’ts for you. The next few pages will explain setup, the website, scheduling, sanitization rules, equipment/tools, interaction with customers, escalation process and everything else in between. We recommend viewing the next few pages on a computer/laptop.
bloom’d Pro App Setup
2) Create your account with valid information
3) Confirm your account by typing in the 6-digit text code that was sent. Then tap setup your account.
4) Enter in your first and last name in display name. Upload a picture by selecting choose photo. Then type in street address. Tap next.
5) Check off the service(s) you can provide
6) Tap the type of services you can perform. Upload your cosmetology license. Must be a valid license.
7) Tap Setup Your Account (Income Powered by Stripe Connect)
Stripe Connect: NOTE: This step may cause some lag, due to connecting you through our third party, Stripe. All information is safe and secure. Please review Stripe’s Terms and Conditions.
Note: If you close out the app, your profile needs to be deleted so you can start all over. Unfortunately, there is no “back” button during this process.
*If you already have a Stripe Account, Tap Sign in to login. If not, please go to #1 to start below.
1) Type in the bloom’d business details shown below for business address, business phone, type of business, and business website.
2) Bloom’d business Description: Select Personal Services, then select “Health and beauty spas”.
3) In the blank box type in “On-demand beauty services”. How long after paying will your customers typically receive their goods and services? Select “Within One Day.” Then enter in your legal first and last name.
4) Job Title: Hairstylist. Enter your cell phone number, date of birth, last 4 digits of your social security number, and your home address.
5) Statement Descriptor: Type in “bloom’d” where red arrow is located. Type in 240-912-4995 for the support number where green arrow is located. Customer support address should auto select “use business address”
6) Enter your bank’s routing number and account number. Two-step authentication is required. Tap get text message shown where the arrow is.
7) Mobile Number: Enter your cell phone number and send text.
8) You will receive a code via text message. Type the code in the empty boxes. Tap continue, shown where curved arrow is. The next screen should indicate that this was successful. Tap done.
9) Enter in the same email address used to setup your bloom’d pro account. Accounts must match. Type in a new password for your Stripe account. Tap authorize access to this account.
This should take you back to the app if done correctly shown below.
Your money will be deposited every Friday. Remember, the more appointments, the more money you will make! If you do not have a bank account, please go to your local bank to set one up. Direct deposit will be the only way to get paid.
- Tap Schedule
- Select your preference
- Tap “Save Changes”
- Tap the < to go back to the menu.
If you have a second job, please ensure you can fulfill your commitments with bloom’d. Your options of a customized schedule will be limited in the beginning. Our next app update will allow much more flexibility, so hang tight. Please be realistic with your availability. We want to avoid as many mistakes as possible and need your help in doing so. You may toggle between your options. In the event that there is an emergency or critical change call 240-912-4995. We are humans and understand things come up, but due to the nature of this business, we take habitual cancellations and last minute changes seriously.
- Tap Portfolio
- Tap “+ADD” in the bottom left corner
- Upload photos of your work
- Tap < once finished
- Photos must be real, clear, and visible
- Great display of your craft
- Block out products used
- Make sure your area is clean
- Blurry, unclear, dark/poor lighting
- Fake pictures, will not be tolerated
- Messy background, we don’t want to see your kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, pets, etc
- Lay out of products used, no free advertising
- Pictures from 2002, keep them updated
- Don’t cut off anyone’s face or head or hands
- Absolutely no screen shots
- No selfies
- Go back to the main menu. You will see a “Triangular” icon on the top right corner of the screen. Tap this icon.
- Make sure to validate your email. You will receive an email from the bloom’d dev team to do so.
- You will then have to wait for a bloom’d team member to review your profile, license(s) if applicable, and portfolio.
- You will know that your profile has been approved once, the icon from the top right corner disappears. We recommend checking your status frequently.
How Appointments Work:
- Customers will now see your profile
- You will receive a pending appointment notification via text message
- Go back into the app. Appointment requests show under “New Request(s)”
- Pull down the screen to refresh if you do not see the “New Request(s)”
- You have up to 1 hour to go back into the app to accept or decline the appointment. If there is not response, it will be assumed as a declined appointment
- Go back into the app and select “Appointments”
- You can tap each customers profile. Their preferences and any allergies or concerns are displayed for your viewing
- Depending on when your appointment time with the customer, you will receive an appointment reminder via text message when within 1 hour of your appointment
- Go back into the app once you arrive to your customer’s location
- Tap “Appointments”
- Tap the customer you are working on
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Check-In”
- Go back into the app
- Tap the customer’s appointment you just finished
- Scroll to the bottom
- Tap “Mark Complete’
Appointments: Report a Problem:
- Go back into the app
- Tap “Appointments”
- Tap “Report a Problem
- Tap one of the issues listed
Ready for bloom’d!
Pretty simple from here on, you are now ready to get notifications for appointments. Let the dough roll in! Seriously though, we are here to help you in any way we can. Call us, email us, or come see us if you need anything!
Next Up: Protocols
- Clean, clean, and clean!
- We will provide you with a kit. We cannot be there for every appointment and will trust in you to do the right thing.
- Many people have sensitive skin and allergies, without proper sanitization this puts you at risk as an independent contractor.
- Spray down all of your equipment and products after EVERY use. Not in the morning or the end of the day, but after every client you touch.
- We do not expect you to have the latest and greatest. However, we do expect your equipment such hair dryers, flat irons, hair brushes, makeup brushes, mirrors, etc. to align with industry standards.
- Up to date equipment and tools. If you are still using the same stuff since 2010, that’s probably not so great. Your hair equipment should not be more than a year old and for makeup should not be older than 6 months.
- Never carry anything in a plastic bag, garbage bag, carried in hands, etc. Get the right bags for your equipment and tools. Need help? Let us know!
- Organize your equipment/tools properly in a customer’s home/work/hotel space. Remember you’re entering their territory.
- Things to carry:
- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable tissues
- Antibacterial brush cleaner spray
- Hair drape or cover
- Body drape
- Disposable applicators
- Eye protection for both you and your client (if applicable)
- Rubber or latex gloves
- First aid kit
- Blood spill kit
- Containers or bags for soiled items and trash
- You should have a greater ratio (80/20) of higher end products than drugstore products. While there is nothing wrong with drugstore products, our customers do not accept 100% of drugstore products being use on their face, hair or nails. Remember, there are ratings so it’s all about customer satisfaction.
- Products should be cleaned, look like new. This means liquid shouldn’t be oozing out, bottles looking sticky, hair stuck in bristles, etc.
- Customers are encouraged to create a personal profile for many reasons. This also shows your client you took the time in getting to know them without probing. However, you’re also encouraged to include a variety of foundation, concealer, bronzer, highlighter, etc. shades in your kit.
- Your equipment, tools, products should be stored neatly, organized, and in a roller bag. This will look extremely professional, not to mention cute!
Your clients will have the capability of rating you. If you’re truly passionate about your work, we are certain you will give extraordinary customer service. Every client is a paying one, so please keep this in mind. They have also selected YOU to come into their personal space and trusting your skills.
- Providing an extraordinary customer experience
- Listening (but also paying attention to the customer’s profile)
- Make sure clients are comfortable
- Lastly, everyone is beautiful so make sure you let clients know that!